!ILLUMINATION WITHOUT COMPROMISES!
SUNFLOWER - Advanced Multi-Segment LED Illuminator for Stereomicroscopes
The SUNFLOWER illuminator is designed to provide extraordinary reflected light illumination for very difficult to illuminate samples. It generates soft, glare free lighting where all other illumination techniques have failed.
SUNFLOWER illuminator unit with 2 arms opened
- Excellent for illumination of insects, semiconductor parts, jewelry, metals, rocks, plastics, glass...
- 12+1 independently controlled LED segments creating pseudo-spherical surface illuminate the specimen from almost all directions without producing shades
- Diffusers of LED segments minimize production of glares
- 6 tilting arms for convenient specimen handling and setting the angle of light incident on a specimen
- 432 LEDs provide high illuminating power
- Single button press switches on / off the whole upper and lower ring formed by LED segments
- Rotation of the preset combination of light / switched off LED segments clockwise and counter clockwise
- Constant color temperature over the whole illumination range
- Constant brightness - no flickering and no interference with the camera’s image frequency
- Low power consumption, lifetime over 20 000 hours
- Environmentally friendly solution - free from halogen and mercury, RoHS compliant
- Dimensions: 195 mm x 195 mm x 133(height) mm
- PC control option (SDK available)
- Supported by QuickPHOTO 3.x software suite
Example of Use:
SUNFLOWER LED illuminator on a stereomicroscope with a control unit
Comparison of Different LED Illuminators:
|Beetle illuminated by gooseneck illuminator||Beetle illuminated by ring light illuminator|
|Beetle illuminated by ring light+ gooseneck illuminators|
|Beetle illuminated by SUNFLOWER LED illuminator|
Gallery of Images Acquired Using the SUNFLOWER LED Illuminator:
Compatibility with Stereomicroscopes:
Regarding the compatibility, the most important element of the stereomicroscope is the used lens (objective). The most important parameter is the diameter of the lens. The reason is, that the illuminator's hole for the lens is 69 mm.
1. Lenses with diameter higher than 69 mm
Lenses with diameter higher than 69 mm cannot go through the hole of the illuminator. In such cases the working distance of the lens used needs to be higher then is the height of the illuminator which is 133 mm. In other cases the specimen needs to be lifted up on the stage.
2. Lenses with diameter up to 69 mm
Lenses with diameter up to 69 mm can go throught the hole of the illuminator. See the scheme below:
In this case, there are two important parameters of the lens, which need to be considered:
- WD - Working Distance
- LL - Length of the Lens
In order to be sure, there will be no need to lift up the specimen or to open the arms of the illuminator, the following criterion should be accomplished:
WD + LL >= 133 mm
(That means, that the sum of Working Distance of the lens and Length of the Lens needs to be higher than is the height of the illuminator.)
02/2017 Image Stitching Module for QuickPHOTO Released
Image Stitching module enables to interactively stitch together multiple fields of view from microscopes with manual stage.
12/2016 Automated HDR Imaging Available for Canon EOS DSLRs
Canon EOS DSLR control panel of QuickPHOTO programs now supports automated HDR imaging (HDR module is required). The HDR feature can be also combined with automated EDF imaging by Deep Focus module. Installation package of an updated Canon EOS control panel can be downloaded in the Downloads section.
12/2016 New Models of CANON EOS DSLR Cameras Supported
Canon EOS 1300D/Rebel T6 and 80D are now supported by QuickPHOTO imaging software suite. Installation package of an updated control panel can be downloaded in the Downloads section.
02/2016 HDR 2.0 Module for QuickPHOTO Programs Released
New version of HDR (High Dynamic Range Imaging) module for QuickPHOTO is now available. It newly supports automated HDR image acquisition feature and can be combined with Deep Focus (EDF) module. More info>>
New Series of PROMICAM USB 3.0 Digital Cameras
New series of PROMICAM USB 3.0 cameras was introduced. The cameras provide excellent image quality, color reproduction and high live view frame rates. The cameras are supported by QuickPHOTO imaging software.