PRO-SZM1 - Focus Drive for Stereomicroscopes
PRO-SZM1 is an inexpensive focus drive developed by PROMICRA for focus motorization of stereomicroscopes with 76mm mount (yoke). Manual focusing option is maintained. The focus drive can be used for automatic creating of fully focused (EDF) images using Deep Focus extension module for QuickPHOTO software, optionally also in combination with HDR module for automated EDF + HDR imaging.
- PRO-SZM1 focus drive is delivered mounted on a stereomicrocope stand with 76mm mount (yoke) as a single unit.
- Two stand variants available: standard stand (SZ2-ST-ZM item) and stand with combination of reflected and transmitted LED illumination (SZ2-ILST-ZM item)
- Motorized Z axis (travel and focusing)
- Manual focus function maintained
- Minimal step 65 μm
- Travel range 12 cm; 4.7 inch
- Z-movement range protected by built-in limit switches
- Controlled by CB-ZM control unit (CB-ZM-SZM1 variant – required):
- Focusing and Z-movement by UP and DOWN buttons
- Change of focus speed using a SPEED button – 4 predefined speed levels available
- Automatic speed incrementation when holding UP or DOWN button
- Compatibility with Deep Focus Extended Depth of Field (EDF) module for QuickPHOTO software, optionally also in combination with HDR module for EDF + HDR imaging
- Remote control by a two-button foot switch (optional)
Examples of Compatible Stereomicroscopes:
- OLYMPUS® SZX7 and SZ61/51
- Nikon® SMZ1270/1270i, SMZ800/800N, SMZ745/745T, SMZ445, SMZ460
- Leica® S6 series, S9 series, M50, M60, M80, S8APO, MZ10F
- Zeiss® Stemi 305, Stemi 508
- Huvitz® HSZ-700 and HSZ-600 series
- Motic® SMZ series with 76mm mount (yoke)
- All other stereomicroscopes with 76mm mount (yoke)
Examples of Use
Motorized Focus Stacking Using Deep Focus Module
OLYMPUS® is a registered trademark of OLYMPUS Corp.
Nikon® is a registered trademark of Nikon Corp.
Leica® is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH
Huvitz® is a registered trademark of Huvitz Co., Ltd
Motic® is a registered trademark of Motic Inc.