SUNFLOWER - Diffused LED Illuminator for StereomicroscopesIllumination without compromises
SUNFLOWER multi-segment LED microscope illuminator developed by PROMICRA is designed to provide extraordinary incident light illumination for difficult-to-illuminate stereomicroscope samples. It generates soft, glare-free diffused illumination suitable especially for cases, where other illumination techniques fail. LEDs with high color rendering index Ra>95 provide excellent color reproduction.
Examples of Use with Various Stereomicroscopes
- Excellent for illumination of insects, semiconductor parts, jewelry, gemstones, metals, rocks, plastics, glass, specimens in liquids in Petri dishes and highly reflective surfaces
- 12+1 independently controlled LED segments creating pseudo-spherical surface illuminate the specimen from almost all directions without producing shades.
- Diffusers of LED segments for glare reduction
- 6 tilting arms for convenient specimen handling and setting the angle of light incident on a specimen
- 432 LEDs provide high illuminating power.
- LEDs with high color rendering index Ra>95 provide excellent color reproduction.
- Single button press switches on / off the whole upper and lower ring formed by LED segments.
- Rotation of the preset combination of lit / switched off LED segments clockwise and counter clockwise
- Constant color temperature over the whole illumination range
- Constant brightness – no flickering and no interference with the camera’s image frequency
- Low power consumption, lifetime over 54 000 hours
- Environmentally friendly solution – free from halogen and mercury, RoHS compliant
- Dimensions: 195 mm x 195 mm x 133 mm (height)
- PC control option (SDK available)
- Supported by QuickPHOTO 3.x microscope software suite
- CE certified
Images Acquired Using SUNFLOWER Microscope Illuminator
Comparison with Other LED Microscope Illuminators
Video: Sunflower with Hirox Microscope
Sunflower with Hirox Microscope
Sunflower with Hirox Microscope
Compatibility with Stereomicroscopes
The SUNFLOWER illuminator can be used with stereomicroscopes from various manufacturers. Regarding the compatibility, the most important parameter of the stereomicroscope is a diameter of its lens (objective). The reason is, the diameter of illuminator’s upper opening for the lens is 69 mm.
Lenses with diameter up to 69 mm
Lenses with diameter up to 69 mm can go through the upper opening of the illuminator. In such case, there are two important parameters of the lens, which need to be considered:
- WD – Working Distance
- LL – Length of the Lens
In order to be able to focus the microscope without a need to lift up the specimen or to open the arms of the illuminator, the following criterion should be accomplished:
WD + LL > 133 mm
(That means, that the sum of Working Distance of the lens and Length of the Lens needs to be higher than is the height of the illuminator.)
Lenses with diameter greater than 69 mm or lenses with short working distance
For lenses, which cannot go through the top opening of the Sunflower illuminator or lenses with short working distance, the best way of use is to put the illuminator upside down like on the image below:
OLYMPUS® is a registered trademark of OLYMPUS Corp.
Nikon® is a registered trademark of Nikon Corp.
Zeiss® is a registered trademark of Carl Zeiss AG.